Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Keeping your student housing secure over Christmas
If you are a tenant and planning on going away for Christmas, make sure you take security precautions to keep your student property safe.
- Set the heating on a timer so that it comes on (a low heat) a couple of times a day for a couple of hours. This will stop your pipes from freezing and prevent frost damage.
- Give your property a clean and take out any rubbish. You don’t want to be coming back to the property after Christmas to find a vermin infestation or mould growth on food left in the fridge.
- Close all windows, curtains and door locks.
- Where you can and where it is safe to do so, set lamps on timers to make it look as though the house is not empty. Cancel any deliveries which could build up and indicate there is no-one home.
- Let Student Haus know if the house will be empty for longer periods of time. In the event of bad weather, we then know to check on the property. If you know anyone else on your street exchange contact details so they can keep you updated also.